V-Care Logistics Services - An Intelligent Organisation with a Vast Knowledge Base
20th June 2017
We are pleased to introduce V-Care Logistics Services as new members in India. Their head office is located in Mumbai with branches in Delhi, Mundra, Chennai, Coimbatore, Jaipur, Tirupur, Karur, Tuticorin, Cochin and Kolkata.
Mahesh V. Neelakantan (Director) states; "V-Care Logistics Services is an intelligent organisation with a vast knowledge base. Spearheaded by some of the finest Indian logistics talents who have extensively worked on every small aspect of logistics to develop the best expertise available in India. We are equally proficient in sea, air, rail, road, warehousing and customs brokerage as well as offering project cargo, liner agents and sea groupage & consolidation. We are also involved in pre-shipment activities such as planning, packing, lashing, palletisation and a host of other activities including fumigation all using a chain of in-house expertise."
Two recent project shipments handled by V-Care at Cochin and Nhava Sheva Ports are photographed in the gallery below.
- Commodity: Aero Bridge for Kannur Airport.
- Challenges: Movement from Cochin Port to Kannur.
- Scope of Work: The customer had been exploring various options unsuccessfully and when they discussed the issue with us, we performed a road survey with the cargo measurements and found it could not be moved via road. After detailed research, we found a solution by using a small vessel with under 3m draft and used Azhikkal Port which is close to Kannur Airport.
- Result: Completed the project successfully in a single move.
Nhava Sheva Port:
- Commodity: Export of a dryer from Delhi to Colombo.
- Mode: Road & Sea.
- Dimensions: 43 x 14.5 x 14.5ft.
- Scope of Work: Local transportation, customs clearance & ocean freight.
- Challenges: The length of the cargo.
- Solution: Dismantling the cargo meaning it could still be moved as a single consignment.
- Result: Successfully handled without exceeding the budgeted logistics cost.
- Details: The cargo was initially 43ft long and the shipper asked us to move it from door to destination port including the customs broking and other activities up to the destination port. We deployed our engineering team to make a site visit at the Delhi factory and explored how to execute a cost-effective movement. At the site visit, we found the length could be reduced to 38ft by dismantling 5ft and stuffing the main part into a normal 40'FR with the remaining part along with accessories and spare parts in a 40GP. Our tailor-made solutions and safe lashing and chocking as well as using minimal welding meant the cargo move to Nhava Sheva Port was safer and considerably reduced the cost.
Exhibition Collaborations Secured in November 2020
End of Year Message 2020
CargoWise Exclusive Webinar: 'The Future of Freight: Unlocking the World's Supply Chains'
An Efficient & Effective Team at Shippify Cargo Services
Exhibition Collaborations Secured in October 2020
November 2020 Issue of our Digital Newsletter
A Personal Contact from Sable in Germany
Sadleirs with Oversized Transport from East to West Coast of Australia
Our Exclusive Webinar with Susan Oatway of Drewry
An Expert Team of 'Thinkers' at Think Global Logistics