New World Logistics with Air Transport of Rotor Shaft
4th October 2019
New World Logistics are pleased to share a project involving the round-trip air shipment of a rotor shaft for a steam turbine sent from Vietnam to Japan for repair. The multi-transportation project saw the unit transported from the client's site in Vietnam to Hanoi, flown to Japan by Boeing 747-8F aircraft, delivered to Okayama for repair and then the reverse journey back.
The rotor shaft had dimensions of 4.5 x 2.3 x 2.1m and weighed 6,800kg. The scope of work handled by New World Logistics included:
- Secure & safe plan for lashing, dunnage and craning;
- Supervision during loading & unloading;
- Local trucking transport in Vietnam from client's site to Hanoi;
- Air transport by Boeing 747-8F from Hanoi Airport to Narita Airport in Japan;
- Road transport from Narita Airport to Okayama;
- The return trip after repair.
New World Logistics are esteemed Cargo Connections members in Vietnam, experienced in handling a wide range of different cargo.
Exhibition Collaborations Secured in May 2021
Launch of the Cargo Connections Meeting Hub!
World-Class Solutions at OBS Global Logistics
May 2021 Edition of our Digital Newsletter
Exhibition Collaborations Secured in April 2021
Cargo Connections Arrange Exclusive Webinar with CMA CGM
Exhibition Collaborations Secured in March 2021
Alphatrans Ukraine Deliver Long Crane Beam to Belgium
Alphatrans Ukraine Report Delivery of Spray Dryer
Innovative & Reliable Solutions from SLP Logistic in Lithuania