First Global Logistics with Door-to-Door Shipping of Production Line Machinery
14th June 2017
Egyptian members, First Global Logistics have been awarded the contract for the door-to-door shipping of the new production line machinery of one of the biggest pulp & paper companies in the Middle East.
The machinery is for a new plant and will be shipped from Riyadh in Saudi Arabia to Alexandria, Egypt. Mazen K. Sabry (Business Development Manager): "This nomination came after presenting a detailed technical solution based on dismantling the machinery to fit into containers instead of breakbulk which saved a lot of freight costs to the client. The project involves 3 sets of production line machinery from the supplier's door in Riyadh to the final delivery place in Alexandria. We have successfully shipped the 1st set of 18 containers (10 x 40'HC, 5 x 40'OT OOG and 3 x 40'flat-rack OOG) at a total weight of 330tns / 1,081m3".
Photos can be viewed in the thumbnail gallery below. The First Global Logistics services included the following:
- Cargo survey & shipping solutions
- Machinery dismantling in accordance with technical surveyor's reports to fit the containers with stuffing
- Cranes, forklifts and labour for the mobilization & demobilization at the supplier's site
- Loading, stuffing, lashing & securing
- Trucking empty containers from Jeddah Port to the supplier's site
- Trucking the full containers from the supplier's site to Jeddah Port after loading
- All road permits & approvals for OOG
- All customs clearance & documentation formalities at origin & destination
- On carriage from Alexandria Port to the client's plant
The 2 sets left to be shipped will be similar to the above job and are expected to involve 15 containers each including special equipment with the whole project achieving a total of 48 containers with a complete door-to-door project service.
Representation in Belgium with Multiple Cargo Consult
Our Comprehensive Online Training Program
Reliable Freight Forwarding from Calpac Logistics
Al Nahrain Complete Project for Potassium Plant
Exhibition Collaborations Secured in December 2018
A Wide Range of Personalised Services from Thruex
Comprehensive Freight Forwarding from Worldtrans Logistics Services
First Global Logistics with Drilling Equipment From Egypt to Croatia
Exhibition Collaborations Secured in November 2018
Outside The Box Logistics Thrive on Problem-Solving!