Al Nahrain Complete Important Project in Jordan
10th July 2018
Al Nahrain are trusted members in Jordan and Iraq and they are pleased to announce the completion of an important project. Once again, Al Nahrain managed to secure the complete operations for a vital project in Jordan, considered as a valued achievement of the company.
The contract was signed with an Italian company, Minerali Industriali Tunisia, through their representative who arrived in Jordan for this purpose. The major scope of work in this project is moving a complete silica sand factory with all related parts and accessories from the site in Al Humaima in Jordan to Tunisia including all stages to complete to job. The job site of the factory at Al Humaima Town is 85km away from Aqaba Port and full details of the project are provided by Al Nahrain below:
- Conducting a job site survey for a proper assessment of the requirements to accomplish the dismantling of the units.
- Preparing a detailed action plan in accordance with the significant requirements of each stage to control the whole process & execute the job efficiently.
- Arranging the needed manpower including supervisors, technicians and labour equipped with the needed tools, machinery & apparatuses such as cranes, welding & cutting machines for dismantling the units perfectly and within the scheduled time frame.
- Sorting & classifying the dismantled parts for appropriate & easy loading.
- Listing all items in a final illustrated packing list for easy reference.
- Buying 50 empty 40' HC containers to be used for loading the in-gauge parts.
- Fixing the lifting points on the oversize units to ensure safe loading & unloading operations.
- Arranging all needed apparatuses such as dunnage, lashing belts, slings, binding chains and tools.
- Arranging 3 cranes with suitable capacities to load the oversize & heavy units in addition to the containers.
- Preparing the needed approvals from all related parties, including the Traffic Department, Ministry of Communications, electricity companies & the Ministry of Public Works & Housing, to facilitate & lubricate the movement of the oversized & overweight units from the job site to Aqaba Port.
- Conducting a physical road survey from the job site to the port considering all obstacles on route & preparing a specific plan to solve each case separately in regard to the circumstances and environments.
- Marking the specific locations to action the removal of retardants, lifting & disconnecting H.P. electrical wires, dismantling and re-fixing platforms & signboards and removing & returning cement block barriers.
Required Vehicles & Cranes
Based on our studies to remove and transport the complete factory parts, the needed equipment and trucks for the whole process required the following:
- 50 x flatbed trailers to load the containers for in-gauge parts
- 6 x flatbed trailers for small OOG pieces
- 6 x low-bed trailers for oversized & overweight units
- 3 x selected cranes with suitable capacities
- 2 x forklifts
To achieve this project in the best order, we carefully complied our action plan and adhered to the instructions of all related parties whilst following safety steps and rules.
- In order to match the timeline of our action plan & avoid unnecessary delays, we maintained constant coordination with all related parties.
- All needed vehicles, trucks, flatbeds & low-bed trailers as well as cranes & forklifts were available and ready at the site 48 hours before loading began.
- The first movement for the project was 50 trucks loaded with containers and 6 flatbeds. For safety & security purposes we rearranged the 56 trucks in 4 convoys each with 14 trucks, departing the site and heading to the port guarded by low-profile escorts.
- For the remaining 6 x low-bed trailers, we applied special precaution arrangements with complete coordination & collaboration with all related parties. We managed to pass all retardants & removed all obstacles successfully with damage-free results.
- All our efforts were focussed on the secure and safe delivery to the vessel that was waiting alongside at Aqaba Port which was successfully completed.
- All truck movements were prepared & arranged in accordance with the M/V stowage plan.
- The whole process was completed perfectly, within a remarkable time of this kind of project.
- Everything went smoothly with regards to the schedule and the timeframe of the action plan.
- This project is considered as a distinguished one, where the general atmosphere during all the operations was surrounded by a cooperative and collaborative spirit, conducted by a professional working team ended with outstanding results to the best satisfaction and admiration of our client.
Please click the gallery below for photos of the cargo during transportation.
Representation in Belgium with Multiple Cargo Consult
Our Comprehensive Online Training Program
Reliable Freight Forwarding from Calpac Logistics
Al Nahrain Complete Project for Potassium Plant
Exhibition Collaborations Secured in December 2018
A Wide Range of Personalised Services from Thruex
Comprehensive Freight Forwarding from Worldtrans Logistics Services
First Global Logistics with Drilling Equipment From Egypt to Croatia
Exhibition Collaborations Secured in November 2018
Outside The Box Logistics Thrive on Problem-Solving!